Today I worked on the Putt-Putt golf course all day. This is part of the 9th hole. This hole is close to a small pond. The ducks appear to think the green is their toilet. I spent over an hour and a half power washing the soiled area, about half the length of this holes "green". (Have you heard me mention that fowl (foul) is the most appropriate word in the English language?) Note the loose brick where the hose crosses the line of bricks. There are quite a few bricks that have come loose. The rest of the morning and most of the afternoon I spent cleaning up the concrete under the bricks, cleaning the bottom of the bricks and "re-gluing" them back down. I only managed to repair 20 on the first hole and 14 on the second hole, but at least those two holes are done. We took a long lunch and drove to Bay City, about 10 miles, to eat at Pacific Oyster. I bet the old blue building in the foreground used to be the restaurant and oyster processing facility. The restaurant i...
This won't be another book. Our cell phone signal is weak and thus our Internet connection is SLOW. We are spending the night at the South Dakota welcome center on I-90, maybe 30 miles from Sturgis, SD. We travelled 440 miles today. (We are such wimps. Tom, my brother-in-law, used to drive his motorhome from near Tampa Florida to Crossville Tennessee in a day, 650 miles, and he did all the driving. Kathy and split the driving on the longer mileage days.) It rained, or snowed, on us most of the way. It was snowing and in the mid-30's when we "broke camp" this morning. The wind chill was in the low 20's. The highest temp we encountered today was 46. This is Montana snow, 1:20 PM, around elev 4,900. This is Wyoming snow, 3:45 PM, around elevation 4,900. The road runs uphill into a cloud. Foggy. Foggier. Foggiest. Visibility was maybe 100' at this point. Parked for the night at the South Dakota welcome center. We went uphill and downhill all day. The ...
We arrived at Midway RV Park in Coos Bay, Oregon a little before 5 PM. We left Eureka a little before 10 AM. We travelled around 230 miles today. The distance was split about equally between California and Oregon. The portion in California was twisty, up hill and down hill, etc, again. In Oregon the road improved. Kathy drove the nasty CA roads and I drove the better OR roads. The photos below show the ocean that is on one side and the meadows and trees on the other. Once again there were redwood trees right up nest to the road. And the road was twisty. There were lots of areas where the edge of the road was just gone. It had slipped down the hill, typically 2-3 feet down. We stopped at a rest area in Oregon for lunch. Parked at the campground. Note the hedges between all the "campsites". We even have cable TV here! I've got it hooked it up temporary. Tomorrow I have to see if I can figure out the correct way to hook it up. I think we will stay here 3 nights and then ...
Comments
Post a Comment